Why Join Long Ashton
- Long Ashton is the only members club in the area to have 18 USGA free-draining greens that will allow play even after the heaviest of rain and the fairways are always in excellent condition.
- Competitions every week throughout the season now including some mid week 9 hole qualifiying competitions for those with limited time during the week!
- The practice facilities are also the best in the area: Situated just 1 minute from the 1st tee is our floodlit practice ground featuring an 8 bay covered driving range, large grass tee. The adjacent short game area has bunkers, pitching green and a new 700m sq chipping green.
- Long Ashton is widely recognized as being a very friendly club. Whatever your age, you can always pick up a game and we have regular playing groups who will welcome you with open arms! (Just stand on the putting green and you are likely to be asked if you want a game!)
- New Members' Roll Ups very successful way for new members to meet up with other players.
- Our 19th hole provides a welcoming and friendly atmosphere and truly excellent food and service making the clubhouse a great place to finish your round.
- Long Ashton is certainly a progressive members club – where the members and their guests come first!
- We have a very active membership of more than 800, and particularly attractive memberships for juniors, colts, students and adults aged from 25-30
- We have a number of new membership categories and exciting special offers to ensure that Long Ashton Golf Club caters for all golfers including those who wish to start to play!
- Our joining offers are applicable to individuals, couples or small groups of friends looking to move at the sametime when applying for full membership.
- We also have another very beneficial offer if you know a current member who would propose you and integrate you into the club.
- We would be pleased to give you further information about our great offers so please just call us on 01275 392229 option 4 or complete the enquiry form. Just give us your contact number, and we’ll get back to you. It’s that easy!
- Our members are very proud of the course, facilities and the friendliness at Long Ashton, but don’t just take our word for it! Why not just drop in to look at our facilities, our beautifully presented fairways and true greens, to see for yourself.
- You will be most welcome!
Course News Latest
Autumn Membership Communication - Course Works 2016-17
The Committee has endorsed a series of course development works for the coming winter months. These improvements represent the first year of an outline three year plan that seeks to progressively eliminate some weaker aspects around the course - namely, small tees with inadequate drainage/irrigation and poor draining greenside bunkers. Other aspects to enhance and develop the course will be incorporated in subsequent years as outlined in the three year plan that seeks to continually develop and enhance our golf course.
MJ Abbott will carry out the works to bunkers on holes 1, 3 and 6 and the creation of a new white tee on hole 7. In addition to the normal winter period course maintenance, our staff will complete the above works by relining these bunkers along with the refurbishment of greenside bunkers on holes 8 and right hand greenside bunker on hole 10 (tee and bunker specifications are available to view in the Member's area of the website ). MJ Abbott are scheduled to be on site w/c 7th November. The work on holes 1, 3, 6 and 7 should be completed within one week. The path along the fence on hole 10 will also be resurfaced.
The timing and progress of these works over the coming months is subject to weather and ground conditions. We will advise you of any changes to the planned schedule. It is our intention to provide 18 holes for play while these improvement works are carried out. However, there may be short periods when a hole may need to be closed or reduced in length for staff and golfer's safety.
The current bunker on the left hand side of the fairway no longer provides a sufficient challenge from the tee. The size of this bunker will broadly remain the same, but it will be moved out to the right, partly in to the fairway. The entire bunker will be visible from the 1st tee and will require golfers to consider their drives more carefully. The new position will be a few yards to the right of the existing bunker; be of similar shape; and set at about 30o angle from left to right. The existing bunker will be filled-in.
The path along the fence on the 10th hole (down to the front of the 2nd green) that is used by buggies and course management staff will be improved to provide a safe and smooth surface. This work will be coordinated with the installation of a new access gate (for which a planning application has been submitted) across the road towards the 10th green. Timing of this work will be advised in due course.
The right hand greenside bunker will be refurbished to our new standards. The back right hand section will be reduced by about 3 yards as it rarely comes in to play and is high maintenance. A temporary green will be in use while this work is carried out. The bunker will remain GUR during the refurbishment.
The existing gorse in front of the red tees will be removed to create an improved view of the entire fairway.
The existing hazard marked by red stakes to the left of the path by red teeing area will be removed. This hazard is not in play and does not warrant the current status. The area will become normal part of the course and in cases of casual water, relief will need to be taken in line with Rule 25 (abnormal ground conditions).
The public footpath in front of the 6th green is problematic and causes high levels of wear and tear. This is made worse by the narrow area around the greenside bunker when exiting the green to go to the 7th tee. The right hand side of the bunker will be reduced by just over 4 yards and the left edge will be extended by about 2 yards. This will considerably increase the walk-off area at the front of the green. This hole may need to be either closed for a short period or a temporary green will be in use while this work is carried out. The greenside bunker will remain GUR during the refurbishment.
A new white medal tee will be constructed alongside the existing white tee. The size and shape will largely replicate the current white tee, except that it will be about 5ft higher. The new tee will provide additional options for medal play. Some trees and gorse bushes will need to be trimmed back once the new tee has been constructed. This work will be carried out at the same time as the reshaping of the 6th greenside bunker. The existing red and yellow teeing area will be used for any white medal play.
The existing greenside bunker will be refurbished to our new standards. The current size and shape will be maintained. The bunker will remain GUR during the refurbishment.
The existing right hand greenside bunker will be refurbished to our new standards. The current size and shape will be maintained. Notice of this work has already been given and this bunker will remain GUR until refurbished.
1 November 2016